Guide to Securing a Mortgage
It can be difficult to know where to begin when trying to secure a mortgage. Buying a home can be one of the biggest financial decisions you'll make, so it's important to gather all the information you'll need in advance and seek advice from the right people.
At Dundas Estates, we have years of experience helping our customers get their foot on the property ladder. Here is our advice about where to begin when accessing your first mortgage:
- Find a mortgage advisor. These people are experts in finding the best deal for you, they can advise about affordability and can assist you with the application process.
- Mortgage advisors can also guide you through the Help to Buy process (for properties up to £200,000) and assist with the forms.
- Ensure you have the correct documents available. It's likely you will need to provide proof of address, details about your income and a copy of your credit rating, but your mortgage advisor will be able to provide a list for you.
- Once you have a clear idea of your mortgage eligibility you can consider looking for your new home.
- Have a look at our website, here you can find information about the developments we have available and have a think about what house type might be suitable for you.