Guide to Buying your First Home
We understand that buying your first home can be a daunting experience. Its likely that you’ll receive a lot of different advice and it can be difficult to understand the best approach.
In order to help you through this potentially tricky experience, we have pulled together some tips to help you navigate the steps:
1. Speak to a mortgage advisor. Not only will they provide impartial advice, they will also ensure you get the best mortgage possible. This can save hassle and save you money. Its also worth remembering that ‘Help to Buy’ is available all year (2019) for properties up to £200,000 in value and the mortgage advisor is best placed to help you secure this additional finance.
2. Have a look at the Dundas website to see some of the home types we have available in a variety of locations across Scotland. All Dundas development locations can be found here.
3. Visit a site office – our Sales Managers at each of our sites can give you all the information you will need about purchasing a new Dundas home. They are not there to push you into a purchase, they will simply walk you through the process and answer all of your questions. Once on site, it will give you a much better feel for the development and the neighbouring areas.
4. Decide on property and location – once you have all the information you need and you’ve had a chance you review your options, the next step is to select a development and home type and start planning your purchase.
5. Pay a deposit and secure mortgage - the final step is to confirm the purchase of your new home and pay a deposit. At this stage you will have an idea of entry date, so you can start planning some of the other exciting bits, such as arranging furniture and deciding the best time for a house warming party!